We partner with Dolby to provide the highest quality conferencing to host your recording sessions. The conference is a live/real-time connection between participants and has different quality levels than SquadCast primary recordings. When a participant has a poor network connection, their conference quality may drop while our local primary recording continues at full quality, ensuring you get every word.
We provide two conferencing environments to help match your specific recording needs:
Classic studio conferences (default)
- Up to 720p video and 128 kbit/s audio for the highest quality
- No processing for lower latency, more natural conversations
- Remote echo cancellation control
- Up to 720p video and 42 kbit/s audio.
- The noise reduction toggle eliminates background noise.
- Cloud recordings also include individual audio tracks.
Switching during a session
- Available only to Show Manager during a session.
- Open the settings menu by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left of the studio session.
- Toggle between the "Classic" and "Voice" options.
- All participants will rejoin using the newly selected conference type.
- Once changed, the session will always use the selected conference type unless changed again.
Enable Dolby Voice conferences as Show default
- Navigate to https://app.squadcast.fm/account/shows
- Click on the 3-dot menu to the right of the show you wish to use Dolby Voice in
- Select the Edit Show menu item.
- Click on the Advanced Show Settings link.
- Select the default conference type.